Blog Archive

Sunday, September 7, 2014

what i am doing with my life

well, Im headed back to carleton p soon. I'm bringing all my music equipment with me, but only so that I can do shows there. Someone from my school found out about [The Rap Album] and pretty much shouted it out everywhere. So yeah, I've got a following i guess? idk. Somebody told me that they were getting high and listening to it with friends, and that made me really happy because thats the kind of stuff i want people to do with my music. Idk, i'm just glad my marketing-by-not-marketing worked so well with the 18-24 year old demographic.

Because like thats the thing. I don't want my music to be discovered on the radio. I want my music to be something you stumble upon at 3am, something that your friend sends you and its only got 1000 views on youtube. Something that one guy you know really likes and you think, "idk, maybe i'll check that out." Idk, If you hear a song of mine on the radio, its gonna be a song you didn't know about and you'll wonder why you think its so good and then you'll be like "OH WAIT x^2 MADE THIS FUCK". Idk, something like that.

So yeah, the reason the "x^2 is bored" pretty much stopped was laziness, album release, and now I have to pack up my shit to send it all to college. I'm sure I will be able to make videos when I'm at college tho, even if I'm not gonna do any new song writing. But i've got some stuff in the works. I've been thinkin about new songs for sure. Idk if i'm gonna try to workshop material that i made two years ago and release it anymore tho (even tho i got a fuckload of material I could do that with), cause thats what the rap album was and idk if i was happy with the way it turned out. I wanna make new shit now. Idk, maybe you will get the rest of 2012-2013 x^2 at some point. I've been listening to alot of twinklecore recently. Its gonna be rad.

Anyway, see ya'll later! Keep it real, and remember to send an email to theneedledrop.wnpr@gmail.org and tell him to review my album. See you in a couple months, maybe even sooner! Love ya to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment